What causes a burning sensations in the chest?
I have a burning sensation in the middle of my chest and then down to just under my breast bone in the middle. What might this be ? Its been about 30 mins and happened earlier today as well.
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and would like to tell you that considering your young age group and female gender the possibility of a coronary heart disease is very minimal and the symptoms which you are experiencing could very well be due to a simple gastric upset.
However still I would like to suggest you to get an ECG done to make things are alright from cardiac perspective.
By the time you can take some proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole to settle any gastritis if it’s there.
I XXXXXXX hve an ECG done abljt 6 weeks ago and it was all clear. As i was hving musclular pain in the chest area. Do i need to go and get another one ? It has been happening after i eat too. Should i have skme heart burn tablets, would i be experiencing othe symltoms if i had heart related issues ? r
Yes it’s advisable to repeat an ecg even it was done before. And if it’s happening happening after eating then most like it’s gastric only.
Pantoprazole which I suggested is that same heart burn medicine.
Yes there are some associated symptoms like sweating, uneasiness, shortness of breath in case of heart issues.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes burning sensation in body
- What causes burning sensation in the throat
- What causes burning tongue sensation
- What causes burning sensation with urination
- What causes vaginal burning sensation
- What is the cause for burning sensation of the penis
- What are the causes of chest burn
- What causes burning sensation in the scrotum
- What causes burning sensation in ribcage
- What causes burning sensation with a pacemaker
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?