What causes a bump on the right side of the head?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: hello sir I am having small bump or swelling just above right ear in head since last month. It can be felt by running finger over it. I feel pain some time when I try to eat something or yawn. recently I am having headache frequently. what could be the reason of this swelling? is it the root cause behind my headache?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Might be folliculitis, upload pictures of the bump

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome
I have gone through your query.
It is difficult to comment on it without examination, so I would like you to upload the pictures of the bump.
It might be folliculitis.
I would also like to know is there any history of injury?
Is there any wound, redness in the area.

Presently I would suggest you to avoid touching it, wash it with cool water and use mild soap like dermadew or dove. You can apply neosporin ointment.
For pain you can take NSAIDS like Ibuprofen which has both analgesic and antiinflammatory property. Kindly take it after food and you require valid prescription to get this agent.

Hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng