What causes a bump on the penis?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Sep 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I am a 28 year old. There is a bump on penis , it has been there for at least 5 months. It is painless but it has gotten bigger.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload an image

Detailed Answer:
hello. thank you for writing to us

I an dr.kakkar(dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and i have noted your concern.
I request you to kindly upload an image in "Reports Section" so that i am able to guide you better.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 16 minutes later
I have uploaded a picture. Thank you

Did you get my picture?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly try to upload image again

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

unfortunately not.
kindly try and upload again. You may upload either in "Reports Section" Or you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of this mail as 'Attention:Dr.kakkar'

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 6 minutes later
Did you get my picture?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upload a closer one

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Yes, I did.
Can you please upload a closer one. Preferably 2-3 more images. I would particularly like to rule out possibility of a wart.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
I have uploaded a closer one. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
thank you.

I have reviewed the image. Does'nt look like a wart.

It seems like a small cyst Or may be an ingrown hair whuch resulted in a hypertrophic scar.

I suggest a course of an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin 500mg Or Cephalexin 500 mg, 3x daily for a week. Topically you may use an antibiotic ointment e.g 2%mupirocin ointment, 2x daily for a week. You will need a written prescription from a doctor for antibiotics.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj