What causes a bump on the penis?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: What is this bump on penis ?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fordyce spots, resolve on its own.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM

I have gone through the picture, they appear to be fordyce spots based on the picture. You can see dermatologist to confirm it.

I would advice you not to scrub roughly, so they don't burst. They are totally benign and resolve on its own.

Avoid friction, use loose cotton undergarments, use antiperspirant powder to keep the area dry. This measures will be enough.

Treatment is mainly for cosmetic purpose. Tretinoin gel/cream can be applied directly onto the affected skin, it is prescription based medicine, so get it you have to see doctor.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D