What causes a bump on the penis after oral sex?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Women's Health
Question: hi there, i am kind of a bit freaking out. i had oral sex last night with a male who said hes never had intercourse but has done oral sex i gave him blow job and relaized i felt a bump on the penis close to the head of the penis. it looked like a lump that mached his skin color it was dark but im pretty sure there was no puss or anything. i am embarassed to ask him what it is ... im freaking out that it might be a genital wart or herepes... what should i do i am very scared
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail below.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query,this can not a genital wart or herepes.If there is no ulcer or active discharge from the suspected lesion then nothing to worry about.
This can be just a skin elevation or venous prominence.Just do not scared now.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
I hope this answers your query.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana