What causes a bump on the head of the penis?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I recently had one small bump appear on the head of my penis, as well as one of the same appearance that occurred just below the head on the shaft. They were painless and small. They look like they have started to go away, and are now just discolored from normal skin appearance. This was associated with painful urination, as well as what appears to be bruising near my urethra. I went for medical exam, was screened for std. I was told my std screen was negative except for hsv-1. I had a cold sore as a child, but none in the last 20 years. The Dr did not seem concerned with this and really offered no diagnosis or treatment. I am sexually active with monogamous partner of one year. Ideas and opinions?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Hsv might be associated with burning urination but it's generally hsv 2 and not 1.
Can you please upload a photograph of the involved area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and better way of management.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 17 minutes later
I have attached 3 pictures for you
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 34 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload again

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
Sorry I could not find the attachment.
Can you please upload the photograph again. If you find difficulties while uploading, you may mail it to YYYY@YYYY

Waiting for your response.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 57 minutes later
I have attached again, I will also email them as this is my last question. I would like to add that I had 1 bump of the same appearance on the top of my left thigh near my groin, as well as a few on my stomach. I had been on an outdoor camping and kayak trip a few days before. I spend a lot of time outdoors and don't seem to be allergic to much. I live on a farm in a rural area with multiple animals. I was also having very frequent sex prior to this. OK, I have included everything of importance I can think of as I can't reply to you again. I hope this helps.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bacterial infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the photograph.
It's looking like bacterial infection.
I treat such cases with a topical antibiotic cream like mupirocine to be applied twice daily for a week.
It is safe and effective.
Try this.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.