question-icon

What causes a bump on the head after a fall?

Posted on Mon, 11 May 2015
Question: On Saturday I fainted and hit my head. The bump on the head is better and is hardly sore. But now my neck is sore on the front right side.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
muscle strain

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
Whenever you hit your head you can get some strain and small tears in the neck muscles. This causes spasm and pain. Use heat on your neck and take ibuprofen or naproxen to help with this.
The other question is why did you faint? If you know the reason (not eating, dehydrated) then try to avoid it. If you do not know the reason then see a doctor. Fainting may be a sign of a serious underlying illness.
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Dr. Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson