What causes a bump in the pubic area?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Have bump on pubic area, had it for a few years what is it? how to remove? , any over the counter creams ?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
.There is no over the counter cream .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the photograph that you have uploaded the bump that you have over pubic region since years is likely to be either Wart or Keloid

However the diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination .Consult qualified Dermatologist for clinical examination .

If it is diagnosed to be Wart you will need to get it excise completely by Laser Ablation .However if it is diagnosed to be Keloid no treatment can be offered as Keloid has tendency to recur and will need it to leave as it is .

There is no over the couter cream that can cure it .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Pati