What causes a bulky uterus according to an ultrasound scan?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hello Dr.. Yesterday, Oct 12, I went for master health chkup and found i have bulky uterus during ultrasound test.

Last week Oct 4 till Oct 10 I had menustration period and I had intercource with my husband on Oct 10.. But not sure which was successfull..

Also we had intercource around 2 to 3 weeks back in Sep also, but again we were not sure it was successfull..

Can I have any guess what would be the reason for this bulky Uterus???

Thanks in advance.. :)
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
There are few causes of bulky uterus like fibroid, adenomyosis and early pregnancy.
But before giving my opinion I would like to ask you that are you having any associated symptoms and is ultrasound showing anything else other than bulky uterus?
Are you taking any treatment?
Your periods are regular or is it heavy?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.

Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 8 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please give more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
I have gone through your history and in your report it is only showing bulky uterus, nothing else.
But you have not answered my previous question.
Kindly answered those questions.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
My period is regular but 5 days earlier.. Sometimes I would feel it came again in 15-20 days.. As i didnt noted the day.. I couldnt say it exactly.. But I notified it is comming earlier.. But very rarely it would come one or two days late.. But never delayed neither missed it.. Recently past two three months I feel back pain and tried for first two three days..

I used to have dried channa dhal in the empty stomach to get relief from the pain and would have pomegrant.. But ignored sweets n black grapes to avoid over bleeding n stomach ache..

Apart from that I never take English medicines and didnt consult Dr for this..

And myself n my husband are very rarely doing intercource due to our body condition.. Even in struggle if he could do it.. I felt the fluid went out immediately.. So I felt doubt.. That may not be succeeded.. Not sure abt the logic how it works.. :(

As we do it unusual, I used to forget to support him.. So manually I used to help him to do intercource that moment alone I would feel little pain.. And I felt it is not deeply went and that the reason fluid is comming out.. So I felt our strain is not enough n wld hv no possible of pregnancy.. We would like to consult on this.. But not sure whom should we contact.. Pl give us advice.. Thanks in advance!!
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may be due to pregnancy or hormonal changes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Sorry for the delay in my response.
Thanks for the detailed information.
I have gone through your history and maybe bulky uterus is a sign of early pregnancy or it can be due to hormonal changes.
You have to hold your leg up to hold the semen for longer time and consult an infertility expert for your problem.
For bulky uterus you should not take any treatment.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.