What causes a bruise on the right breast?

General Surgeon
Question
I have had a bruise on my right breast for 4 days. It doesn't hurt to touch and I'm not sure how I got it, maybe one of my kids elbowed me. It's not fading, but it went from reddish/Brown to now purple and some yellow. It's not fading at all though. I'm worried about inflammatory breast cancer. I have no other symptoms though. No dimpling of skin, no redness or itching. Is just a bruise alone a sign of ibc? How long should it take for the bruise to go away? Should I see a doctor or wait?
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Absolutely no need to worry..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..

Please note..

1. Your description of the problems is appreciated.
You have described in simple terms.

2. There is absolutely no need to worry about inflammatory breast cancer.

3. Since you are sure of the trauma leading to such skin changes, please do no worry.

4. It cannot be IBC.

5. And, it will take 2 to 3 weeks, sometimes months together for the color to be back to normal.

6. So do not worry. Just keep a check. That's it..

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me directly.
Or, you can close the question and rate.