What causes a black spot inside the inner cheek?
Please upload an image.
Thanks for asking to healthcaremagic
Please upload a clear digital image of the lesion(mouth) to give a opinion on your query..
You can either upload through your query page or email the picture to YYYY@YYYY with the quote "Attn to Dr.Senduran Narayanasamy"
Unlikely to be a melanoma or cancer
Thanks for uploading the picture and i have seen it
1)Do you chew food on your left side and you smoke ?
I think the black spot is likely to be a friction induced mucosal injury that heals very slowly..Chronic smoking also a possible cause..
You need not worry until black spot is not growing in size,changing its shape,or begins to hurt..
In the above said cases,biopsy of the lesion is advised to rule out melanoma or other possible malignancy..
Hope this answers your query..
No need of biopsy at the moment
Thanks for following up with the needed information.
No need for biopsy at the moment..You can be rest assured..Post your further queries to Healthcaremagic..
You may also close this discussion by rating my answers..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Black bruises on inner of cheeks causes
- What causes red spots inside the cheek
- What causes black spot in vision
- What causes black spots in the heart
- What causes black spots on legs
- What causes spots on cheeks
- What causes black spots on the labia
- What causes black spots in toilet
- What causes weight gain and black spot on right cheek
- What causes black spots on dentures
- Is Albuterol more than four times a week unsafe?
- What does a healthy balanced diet contain?
- Is prolonged Tramadol intake dangerous?
- What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
- Does Dayquil increase BP?
- What causes prolonged periods?
- What causes severe chronic headache with history of VP shunt surgery?
- Suggest treatment for cyst and stage 3 kidney disease
- Suggest treatment for dry mouth and numbness in throat
- What casues myoclonic jerks in arm?