What causes WBC count to drop after suffering from an infection?
How long does it take for the body to make new white cells after they are depleted from fighting a virus?
No need to be worried.And it depends.
Yes,it is quite possible or normal that WBC count may get low (below 3000) after getting cured from infection, so there is NO need to be worried.
Also it depends on the severity of infection, type of virus and your treatment
However,usually WBC counts might come to normal within 5 to 15 days means body might take 5 to 15 days to form new white blood cells (time taken by bone marrow to produce new while blood cells)
Hope this answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low wbc count and yeast infections
- Low wbc count cause
- Simvastatin cause low wbc count
- Excess wbc count causes vitiligo
- Wbc count after splenectomy
- Why causes high wbc count
- Wbc count for hiv infection after 3 years
- What can be the cause of elevated wbc count
- Causes of elevated wbc count
- Cause of increased wbc count