What causes Viagra fail to show its effect?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Why didn't Viagara work on me? I took it and only got a stuffy nose as result of taking it.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is a common side effect but benign

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been experiencing lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it is a common but a benign side effect associated with sildenafil or Viagra intake however if you are suffering from erectile dysfunction other causes like micronutrients deficiencies should also be ruled out and replacements for vitamin D3, Calcium, B12 and folic acid may be started. Vitamin E and zinc are also beneficial in that regard. If no other potentially dangerous side effects are noticed like dizziness, low blood pressure or palpitations sildenafil can be continued.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 12 hours later
Could you focus on why viagara didn't work, I fully understand the side effect part of it. Is it because I am deficient in the micronutrients that you mentioned, i.e. D3, Calcium, B12 and folic acid? Your response is not clear.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes other factors of erectile dysfunction should be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Hi!
Yes you interpret it right. Other factors of erectile dysfunction should be ruled out. A hormonal profile to look for levels of enough Androgens, as well thyroid functions and sugar levels can be done.

The micronutrients deficiencies which we have discussed can also contribute and replacement can be started before getting the levels done.

Performance Anxiety plays a role and anxiolytics like serotonin receptors inhibitors also help to cover that. Motivational psychologists or sexual counseling plays important roles.

So in short all aspects should be covered before concluding that why sildenafil failed to play it's role.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana