What causes URI, increased pulse rate, breathlessness and dizziness?
increased pulse rate can cause the sob and dizziness
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Upper respiratory tract infections can involve the sinuses in some cases. Sinus disease can be associated with dizziness because of the possible effect on the ear.
Hoarseness would occur because of infection affecting the vocal cords and also occur if there is a drip of mucus to the back of the throat. Resting the voice, use of a decongestant/antihistamine, hydrating and using a humidifier may also help.
The very high pulse rate would also contribute to the dizziness (because affects blood supply to the brain) and shortness of breath.
The increase in pulse rate may be due to the effect of the infection on your metabolic rate, if you are not using enough fluids, this would also cause the pulse to increase.
It is not a known side effect of the antibiotic that you are using.
You should rest as much as possible to allow your body to heal particularly since the pulse is normal at rest.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Do antihistamines increase pulse rate
- Ambien increasing pulse rate
- Smoking increase pulse rate
- Medicine to increase pulse rate
- Increased pulse rate during sleep
- Does pain cause increased pulse rate
- What causes heart murmurs and increased pulse rate
- Increased pulse rate in third trimester
- Why pain increase pulse rate
- Increased pulse rate is there anything for worry