What causes PVCs, shortness of breath and chest discomfort while talking?
Beta blockers should be taken regularly rather than episodically
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Based on the description you provided, my recommendations are as follows.
PVCs and the air hunger/ shortness of breath are most likely related to anxiety and stress. PVCs can also occur in normal individuals with no cardiac dysfunction. Beta blockers are the best drugs for PVCs but they should not be used irregularly rather should be continued at a low dose initially and then adjusted accordingly. If you were my patient I would start you on atenolol or metoprolol in combination with a benzodiazepine ( anxiolytic) and advise thyroid function tests to look for any abnormality as part of the workup. You may discuss these options with your treating physician.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chest discomfort burping breathing
- Can stress cause chest discomfort
- What causes shortness of breath with chest discomfort
- Constricted breathing chest discomfort
- Chest pain shortness of breath chest discomfort
- Chest discomfort caused by cpap
- Racing heart shortness of breath chest discomfort
- What causes chest discomfort and wheezing
- What is the cause and treatment for chest discomfort
- What causes dyspnea heaviness in her chest and some chest discomfort