What causes PCOS?

Posted on Tue, 15 Jul 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi Dr,
Kindly find your queries in our last discussion

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX PCOD is a vast term. are you symptomatic? i mean do you have irregular periods, gaining weight, excess facial hair growth, acne. if none then forget PCOS/PCOD. if yes, then let us first go through some confirmatory tests like LH, FSH, ESTRAdiol, 17 (OH) P, USG pelvis. all tests to be done on second day of periods, Empty stomach , 8 am. let me know the reports , then we will decide what to do. regards!

I have got my reports for the same

Yes,I do have irregular periods,
Have put on excessive weight in last one year,
No excess facial hair growth,
Yes,I do get pimples sometimes.I had severe acne problem last year,took herbal treatment for the same and it's cured now.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Reports suggest PCOD.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mrs XXXXXXX thanks for trusting health care magic.
Your history and reports are suggestive of PCOS.
It is an endrinological disease which affects all levels of menstruation, conception and pregnancy.
But the main problem these patients experience are weight gain and infertility.
But it is not a mandatory that you will have infertility in future.
In my opinion you should get a transvaginal ultrasound to see for status of ovaries and in case ovaries are polycystic it will confirm our diagnosis.

Take care. In case you have other questions you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/drmanishajain
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN