What causes L5S1 prolapsed disc with severe pain?
L5S1 DISC PROLAPSE FOR SURGERY
Dear Mr XXXXX
I have gone through your medical history in detail
L5S1 prolapsed disc with severe pain , not relieved with regular analgesics /physiotherapy mostly needs surgical decompression .
You can do following things to get symptomatic relief till then
1. Bed rest
2 Avoid twisting movements at spine level .
3 Try some analgesic like ACECLOFENAC + MUSCLE RELAXANT combination .
4. Add some CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE + AMITRYPTILLIN combination , for symptomatic relief .
5 . I normally prescribe PREGABALIN 75 MG also for few patients
6 Apply some analgesic gels for local application
Hope this relieves your pain symptoms
Wishing you a speedy recovery
Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX
Deptt. of neurosurgery
Thank you very much for your valuable inputs. I am planning to take PREGABALIN 75mg ONLY for my current pain relief. Hope it will ok for me.
now I am taking the below tablets for time being, advied by one of the physician.
Oviran 50 or Oltaflam 50.
Is it advisable ..pls provide your advise sir.
Thanks for your valuable timing
L5S1 DISC PROLAPSE MEDICATION
DEAR Mr XXXXX
My best wishes for a speedy recovery .
You can continue with PREGALIN 75 MG TWICE DAILY & oltaflam as advised along with complete bed rest for about two weeks .
Apply local analgesic gel also for more relief .
Dr Praveen k Nath
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in bladder and penis
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes severe pain in anterior and lateral of thigh
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in lower thoracic area
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs