Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What causes Jock itch?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 877 Questions
My husband states that everytime we have sex with he he start itching he only have sex with me only about every two to three months and one XXXXXXX e my doctor told me that I had jock and only men has that and we been married for only two half years and we had sex all the time before we was married and never complain about he had itching and he also has has some mental health issues, he states he has in large prostate and never want to have sex because he just within last month started getting hi own income has problem with HBP, high cholesterol , low back pain and I have gotten to fat to move my body to have sick We have been taking of my elderly father from the time we got married. Our attitudes have been very poor toward one another. I have been waiting for my father to get long term care from VA.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Jock itch Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. I have gone through your query and I understand your concern regarding jock itch spread. "Jock itch" is a common name for fungal infection of skin of groin usually caused by fungi called dermatophytes. It is medically called tenia cruris and can occur in both males and females. This infection can spread to your partner by very close contact but it is easily treatable by antifungal therapy. I suggest you and your husband get a skin test done for fungal culture and get appropriate therapy for the same. Regarding your husbands health problems, I will require more details about his symptoms and I will be able to assist you based on that. I hope I have cleared your doubts. Please get back if any more clarifications. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor