What causes IUGR?
NORMAL SFH. DO ONE USG.
Thanks for posting your query.
Generally, symphysial fundal height (SFH) should be within 2 cm of gestational age between 20 to 36 weeks.
According to your due date (7th October), you will be on 37th week from today. However, you have provided measurement of SFH 33.5 cm at 36th week.
SFH would be 34 cm (IDEAL) on 36th week. However, it varies +/-1.1 cm from women to women. 33 to 35 cm SFH is considered NORMAL at this stage.
Your fundal height DOESN'T suggest IUGR. However, I suggest you to undergo one ultrasound scan to clear confusion regarding IUGR.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and successful motherhood.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
To add she measured me today and it read 33.5, on my notes its says week 36+
that is what i mean when i say 36 weeks
FOLLOW THE ADVICE. DON'T BE WORRIED.
Thanks for your response. I am concerned about your thought.
1) In my point of view, your fundal height is within NORMAL range or borderline. 0.5 cm variation from IDEAL value is NOT worrisome.
2) It is just 1st day of 37th week. I suggest you to measure your fundal height at the end of this week to see the changes.
3) Don't be stressed yourself. SFH is NOT always standard protocol to assess IUGR. One ultrasound scan will be MORE worthwhile.
4) Take healthy protein added diet with green vegetables, drink more water and take adequate rest in left lateral position.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion.
All the best and good luck.
Dr S Patra
DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW.
Thanks for your response.
1) Your BP (100/60 mm Hg) is NORMAL and fetal heart rate (140 beats/ min) is quite GOOD. Don't be worried regarding this. Just, undergo one ultrasound scan to clear confusion and confirm the diagnosis.
2) IUGR is associated with maternal high BP, gestational diabetes, poor nutrition, less weight gain according to gestational age, anemia, intrauterine infection.
3) Take healthy protein added diet with green vegetables, drink more water and take adequate rest in left lateral position.
Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion.
Good luck and all the best.
Dr S Patra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes missed periods?
- Does Carbamazepine or Oxcarbazepine cause false negative pregnancy test...
- Suggest treatment for vaginal candidiasis
- Suggest contraceptive pills for a 30 year old
- Suggest treatment for itching and discomfort on vagina
- What is the safe time span for intercourse after taking unwanted 72?
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods and PCOD
- What is the ideal time to do NT scan during pregnancy?
- What causes light menstrual bleeding?
- Suggest treatment for infertility