What causes HPV infection?
Can be an old or a new infection.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
HPV can stay dormant - without any symptoms for years. This can be an old infection that has flared up now or a new infection.
There are many types of HPV infections. In case it is a high risk genital infection then it needs to be treated vigorously to reduce the risk of cancer.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
She needs regular follow up PAP.
Thanks for writing again.
HPV can be detected in case there is any wart on the genitalia. DNA of HPV can be detected with PAP test. It is not necessary that it is due to a recent infection. The virus can remain dormant for many years.
The only way is to go for regular PAP smears to detect any abnormal cells in the cervix so that an early treatment can be done. It does not clear on its own in a year.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Difficult to be cleared by immune system.
The high risk strain is more commonly associated with cervical cancer. It is more difficult for the immune system to clear it.
There is no way to detect since when she is infected. Since all her previous PAP smears were normal till now it can be assumed that it is a recent infection.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...