What causes FSH deficiency?

Question
I am a male person I have been married for eight years and my age is 35 now with no kids I have made several tests semen analysis and It was normal and hormones like testosterone and fsh and lh and prolactin and all of those tests was normal except fsh was .9 point nine ...the doctor prescribe a fsh injection for me every week for four weeks and by the way I have used a medication named salofulk 500 for a whole year .... My question what is the reason for fsh deficiency , Is it ok to take those injections and mostly the fsh will go down after stopping taking injections ?? thank you Dr.
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
FSH is responsible for the formation of sperms in males. A decrease in FSH levels causes difficulty in conception. FSH injections is the only treatment to replace the hormone deficient in the body. After the treatment the sperm count increases and the sperms are healthier thus increasing the chances of conception.
The cause of deficiency is not known. It can be genetic or decreased activity of the testes.
Once you stop taking the injections the levels can again fall. This you will have to monitor after every 4-6 months till your wife conceives.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: What causes FSH deficiency? 20 minutes later
Doctor : have you take a look on my tests results that I have sent through a link in my previous question ? If that has been done : What do you think about my all results are they normal or should I do more tests.
Second question : Is there a chance that the reason of deficiency of fsh could be my medication salufulk 500 taken for ulcerative colitis ?
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not due to Salofalk.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
There is no link provided in this query. I cannot see your previous query. You can upload the reports in the box provided on the right hand side of the query box.
Salofalk is not likely to cause such a hormonal disturbance.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: What causes FSH deficiency? 3 hours later
These are my results , I hope you doctor give me your opinion about them ( are they normal ? ) ( should I do further tests or not ?) ( should I take fsh injection or not ?)
thank you very much again...

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Injections needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Normal levels of FSH are - Adult: 1.5 - 12.4 mIU/ml. The levels at 0.9 are low and need treatment. Do take the injections as prescribed by your doctor.
Regards.