What cause mole on left breast?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi, I am a 22 year old female with light skin, light hair and blue eyes and lots of moles. I am concerned about a mole on my left breast. from what I've read it could be a dysplastic nevus but I'm very worried it could be melanoma. I know I've had it for at least a few years but beyond that I'm not sure. never paid much attention to hear until lately. Melanoma doesn't run on either side of my family but on my dad's side lots of moles are a common thing. It has hair growing from it and doesn't bleed or scab. I have left breast pain but I think that's unrelated. I have a dermatologist appointment for august 18 but they can't get me in any sooner.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
not melanoma

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photograph.
Just relax it is a simple mole.
Melanoma usually presents with indurated mass with bleeding and pain.
There is nothing to worry at all.
Feel free to ask any other doubts.
Thanks