What cause lower back pain while sitting?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have lower back pain when sitting. Have seen chiropractor but no help
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to poor posture.

Detailed Answer:
Common causes of low back pain are-

Poor postural habits
Muscular strain
Ligaments sprain
Herniated disc
Spinal stenosis
Osteoporosis
Fibromyalgia
The first step is to ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while sitting. Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water. Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight. Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down. Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement.

The most essential and long lasting remedy is exercises. There are certain back strengthening and neck isometric exercises that you must learn from a physiotherapist and perform them at home or work whenever possible. You can also undergo a weeks session of traction at your physiotherapist's clinic.

Last but not least, if its unbearable take medications or muscle relaxant prescribed by your physician. And if it has been long standing illness visit your orthopaedician and clinically-radiologically establish a diagnosis to commence definitive treatment.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal