What cause frequent urination at night?
Needs to rule out.Prostate Enlargement.
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have increased frequency of urination at night (Nocturia) and hesitancy.
This is most likely to be due to benign enlargement of Prostate which is very common after the age of 60 years.
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic test done under his guidance to rule out enlarged prostate.
1) Routine urine test
2) Blood test for Serum PSA.
3) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen with post void urine residue.
4)Trans Rectal Ultrasound Scanning(TRUS)
5) Blood sugar levels and Serum Glycocelated Haemoglobin(HBA1c)to see status of Diabetes control.
I would advise you not to take any over the counter drug before you do all these tests to confirm the diagnosis.
Please take Tomsulosin once daily .Though it has side effect like retrograde ejaculation It is worth taking it as it will help to improve your urine flow.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination and foul smell in urine
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children