What cause cramps in left finger?

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: having cramp in left finger and arm
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following measure will help-

Detailed Answer:

Your description suggests that you are getting cramps in the finger and arm muscles.Cramps are painful spasms in a muscle and are often caused by overuse, dehydration, or nutritional deficiencies.

Following measure will help-
*Drink fluid-An electrolyte imbalance can be the cause of muscle spasms, so rehydrating with an electrolyte drink can help restore balance.
*Stretch the affected muscle with a mild, static stretch.
*Use ice to numb the pain in a cramp, reducing inflammation and allowing the muscle to relax.
*Bring the affected muscle into a relaxed position and apply direct compression to the cramp.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.