What cause bleeding from a swollen lymph node?
Bleeding from Lymph node due to inflammation.
Hi, thanks for the query.
Bleeding from swollen Lymph node seen in the USG is mostly due to increase inflammation.
Swollen neck lymph node mostly seen after repeated common cold & cough , ENT infection , lymphoma , head neck infection & cancer & in XXXXXXX due to tuberculosis.
To find out the cause for your lymph node swelling & bleeding inside Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) of lymph node needed .Should be done by expert . I think you have done USG Neck. What is its interpretation ?
If this swollen lymph nodes is because of repeated cold & cough , you will need Macrolide antibiotic & anti inflammatory analgesic Paracetemol + Ibuprofen combination .
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Thanks for the reply. Yes you are right, it is neck USG which was advised by the doctor. My next question - is it common or rare to have bleeding reported from lymph node ?
Bleeding spot common in swollen inflamed lymphnode
Thanks for follow up query.
It is common in swollen inflamed lymph node having bleeding spot in it which can be seen in USG .
Hope this information helpful to you, take care and have a nice day.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the significance of a swollen lymph node
- What cause swollen lymph nodes
- Will costochondritis cause swollen lymph nodes
- Causes of lymph node bleeding
- Swollen lymph node nose bleed
- What causes swollen lumbar lymph nodes
- Blisters in vagina lymph nodes swollen what is causing this
- What qualifies as swollen lymph node
- What causes swollen and painful lymph nodes on neck
- Causes of swollen lymph nodes