What casues vomiting in humid atmosphere?

Pediatrician
Question
My daughter vomited today after complaining of being too hot in a stuffy shop. She has done this before on a car journey - how can I help her cope with humid/stuffy situations?
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fresh Air.improve oxygenation

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear
Welcome to the HCM,
Hot and humid atmosphere is little bit low in oxygen and if the person is also having some low level of hemoglobin then he is likely to get hypoxic. In consequence may feel dizzy ,nauseating and some time person may faint also.
In such situations encourage the person to inhale fresh air, Ask the person to walk around or flex his / her lower limbs repeatedly so that stagnated blood in the calf muscles is pumped up toward heart to reach the brain.
Get her hemoglobin checked. Her lung and heart condition to be evaluated for any deficiency by the pediatrician.
Car window glasses to be little open for fresh air circulation while driving
Hope the query is answered.
Please feel free for the further clarification.
Thanks.

Follow-up: What casues vomiting in humid atmosphere? 15 hours later
Is her hemoglobin level related to anaemia/low iron level. I have naturally low iron could this have been passed to my daughter?

Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Low Hb means low oxygen carrying to brain

Detailed Answer:
Hi ,

Yes, such symptoms are due to the less oxygen reaching to the brain.And it is directly related to the less hemoglobin level of the body.

Please get her Hb tested and if it comes low than one should supplement her for the iron.
Diet rich in iron should be encouraged.

Deworming should be done with single dose of albendazole.

One should also be investigated for the cause of low hemoglobin and accordingly to be managed.
Hope the query is answered.

Thanks