What casues vaginal discharge after having sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Hi doctor i had sex before marriage with my boy friend no of times now i am facing the problem of white water in my vagina while do the sex suggest me any medicine if you can that can ill make my sex life better. thanks
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NORMAL PHENOMENON

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
During sex, it is normal to get stimulated and have watery discharge which lubricates the vagina.
As long as there is no foul smell, itching , redness or pain, do not worry.
You do not need medication.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.

Follow-up: What casues vaginal discharge after having sex? 43 minutes later
I am also facing problem of white water regurally please suggest me to decrese this thing, is there any serious problem can happen with this in future life.
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NORMAL IN ABSENCE OF OTHER SYMPTOMS.

Detailed Answer:
Again as I said earlier, white discharge is normal at certain times of the menstrual cycle.
During ovulation or just before your periods, you might have excessive white discharge.
This is a normal finding.
As long as there is no itching, redness or foul smell, there is no cause for concern.