• question-icon

What casues urethritis?

Posted on Fri, 5 Sep 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I had intercourse today. After the entire session was done. I had a very urgent feel to urinate. But i Tightly held my clitoris to control the feeling and peed after 15 mins. Right from that time I have a hurt and a very bit of orgasm feeling during end of urination with sharp pain in clitoris. frequent urination is troubling me a lot. What could be this? I found slightly reddish flesh like while urinating after intercourse. My urine was looking slightly pinkish. Can semen traces be found in the test? I am worried.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The symptoms could be due to urethritis.

Detailed Answer:

After going through the description that you have given, it appears as though you have developed some urethritis consequent to the trauma of the intercourse. As the female urethra is very short, pressure effects are frequently shown in the form of urethritis and blood-stained urine is often seen.

If you did not urinate or wash yourself after the intercourse, it is possible that some amount of semen deposited on the vulva may have entered the urine sample and may be seen in high resolution microscope. Nevertheless, such chances are remote.

Currently, until you get the urine test report, please take urinary anti-spasmodics, urinary alkalinizers and plenty of oral fluids. If there is blood in the urine, it indicates trauma too and antibiotic should cure and there would be no recurrence in such circumstances.

Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN