question-icon

What casues swelling at the tip of penis?

Posted on Fri, 18 Jul 2014
Question: Sometimes i get swelling(red) at the tip which pains and get sick feeling.There is a constant pain on the lower side and feel as if there is pain and problem in the vein. For sometime now the skin is tight does not go back and get itching.
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
looks like balanitis with phimosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr. XXXXXXX

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

You seem to be having Balanitis, i.e. infection of the glans penis, which as now lead to phimosis, i.e. inability to pull back the skin.

You need to show to a surgeon for a clinical examination and confirmation of the diagnosis, and might need to undergo cirumscision after controlling the infection.

Hope I have been helpful.

Dr. Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon