What casues stomach pain with nausea,heartburn and satlty taste in mouth?

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have really really bad stomach pain for 2 months nausea heartburn and salty taste in mouth and chills at night
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get yourself clinically examined and investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you might be having Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease ( GERD ). I would like to suggest that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated.

Following investigations may be helpful :-
1. Endoscopy.
2. Ultrasound of abdomen.
3. Liver Function Test ( LFT ).

I would advise that you can take an antacid like Omeprazole 40mg once a day before meals along with Domperidone 30mg.
Further medical management can be planned according to the reports of the above mentioned Investigations.

Following precautions will be helpful :-
1.Avoid spicy and oily foods.
2.Avoid being empty stomach for long periods.
3.Avoid mental and emotional stress.
4.Avoid smoking and alcohol, if any.
5.Avoid self medications, especially pain killers and steroids.
6.Drink lots of water daily.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. R.A. Singh 11 minutes later
I try omperazole and two other heartburn medicine and it doesn't go away and I actually pass out last week cause of the pain
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Investigations may be helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for providing more information.
You should take Domperidone 30mg along with Omeprazole.
Moreover, investigations will help in knowing the other causes of pain, some of which includes disease of gall bladder or liver.
I hope this answers your query.
If you have any further doubts, please mention.
Thanks.