What casues sore throat,fatigue and swollen lymph nodes?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I had unprotected sex with a girl of unknown status who was sick with throat problems and recently had what she said was the flu. 2 Weeks later i had sore throat slight rash and fatigue for two weeks. Then i caught what was i assume ars. Swollen lymphs everywhere, sore throat, white tongue, mouth ulcers, sinus problems, i didnt check my temp but pretty sure i had fever, night sweats for 2 months, gastrointestinal problems, allergies which i never before had in my life. And many other symptoms that still persist. I had hiv1/o/2 antibody test at 6 weeks 12 weeks 17 weeks all negative. And then a 4th gen hiv ag/ab test non reactive 21 weeks or my test conclusive cause i read stories where it took some people 8 months to seroconvert. Can i move on please help still experiencing symptoms like blurred vision. Swollen lymph behind ear and neck ear aches. Please help
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not HIV Relax.Consult Physician for symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query.I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
The symptoms suggested like sore throat mouth ulcers etc are due to the flu which you have likely acquired from your partner.
Do not think of seroconversion at all which is most unlikely with negative tests.
You have undergone fourth generation tests which tests both antibodies and P24 antigen.It has high sensitivity of 99.8%. Also you have undergone other tests also at different times all are negative.
So you have to totally allay the fear of HIV
Consult physician for your symptoms and get appropriate treatment which are due to other causes.
You can get back to me for any clarifications .
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 35 minutes later
Thank you Dr. Her flu was in december and i met her in january our last encounter was feb 1 and i started getting symptoms on feb 20 and flu like illness came on march 5. Could she still have given me the flu two months after she got over it. And could the flu lead to gerds and white tongue with lesions on the side and white lining on inner cheek. Im still experiencing a lot of symptoms and it has been over 23 weeks. I just want to be sure my test are correct cause i have another girlfriend i dont want to get her infected when we decide to stop using condoms.
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Flu may be from partner or from others.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.
The flu may be from the partner or else.
All tests at different times all are negative.
So you have to totally allay the fear of HIV.
GERD (gastro esophageal reflux disease) .that can be due to drugs intake or eating spicy or junk foods .eat small frequent meals. stop spicy junk oily foods.
you can take chewable or syrup antacids also H2 blockers like ranitidine.

the white lining or lesions may be due to Vitamin B deficiencies you can take B complex vitamin supplements.
Consult physician for your symptoms and get appropriate treatment which may be due to other causes.
You can use condoms if any of partners have multiple partners for preventing pregnancy and STDs.
You can get back to me for any clarifications else please close the discussion and rate.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 34 minutes later
I have consulted many physicians and they continue to just give me antibiotics (which probably caused the gerds). I also experienced weight loss, shortness of breath, vision blurry itchy hives. Could all this be due to anxiety or allergy. Ever since the exposure and the bout of the flu its been an ongoing thing with all kinds of symptoms..
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.
I would relate all your symptoms due to anxiety.
So relax, do meditation ,do yoga do exercises etc to reduce your anxiety.
follow all the dietary advice given earlier.Take protein supplements also.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh