What casues shoulder ache and chest ache?
Costochondritis may be the cause of chest pain
Thanks for posting
After going through your suffering carefully, the pain in the chest region could be due to costochondritis (painful when ribs are pressed), and may be relieved by following measures-
1. Avoiding unnecessary exercise or activities that make the symptoms worse; avoid contact sports until there is improvement in symptoms, and then return to normal activities only as tolerated.
2. Rib belt along with hot water fomentation helps.
3. Physiotherapy in form of TENS/short wave diathermy along with breathing exercises helps.
4. You may take over the counter available pain killer like Ibuprofen and muscle relaxant drugs like thiocolchicoside which needs to be prescribed by your local doctor.
Regarding shoulder pain I would like to know, little bit more to help you further like-Is there pain at night and how are the movement at left shoulder in comparison to the right one?
Hope this information suffices and I shall be glad to answer any further query.
The shoulder is more of an ache deep in shoulder intermittent almost like I imagine bursitis??Also I should have added that if I move or twist my trunk also produces the ache in chest.
Yes, it is consistent with costochondritis
It’s good to see you
After going through your reply, I must say it is consistent with costochondritis. It is a relatively harmless condition and usually goes away without treatment. The cause is usually unknown, but may happen from increased activity involving the arms repeated minor trauma to the chest wall, or viral respiratory infections can commonly cause chest pain due to costochondritis.
You may follow the treatment as advised earlier it will also help in shoulder ache.
If you have further query please do not hesitate to ask or you may please close the present discussion.
Wishing you good health and early recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of shoulder ache
- Heart races why does chest ache what is wrong
- Back of the shoulder ache
- Treatment and cure for shoulder ache
- Shoulder ache causes
- Fast heartbeatsweating and shoulder aches
- Symptoms of shoulder ache
- What causes dull chest ache and panic attackst
- Shoulder ache with pins
- Head neck and shoulder ache