What casues sharp pain behind eye on touching eyebrow?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
When I touch my eyebrow, there is a sharp pain behind my eye. I only have to barely touch or scratch my eyebrow. Could this be a tumor or something serious?
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is n chance of it being a tumor.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms. These are not suggestive of a tumor or any other serious neurological disease.

The most likely cause could be local tissue inflammation.

You would benefit from analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac tablets. You should get better in a few days.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in