What casues redness of skin around the eyes following swimming in a child?

Ophthalmologist
Question
My 5 year old has been going to beach camp 5 days a week this summer with sunblock. Swimming at ocean and pool. Her eyes are getting red on skin around the eyes. Should we be concerned.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to use antibiotic eye drops.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic

I am Dr. Dadapeer K an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that your son is having redness of skin around the eyes following swimming.
This indicates probable inflammation of the eye or periocular skin around the eye.
It is better to use antibiotic eye drops to prevent infection.

Please write back to me for further questions.

Thank you
With regards