What casues painful lump and dents on back after laser lipo suctions?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had laser lipo on my back about eight weeks ago and my back is very lumpy and has dents in it. The issue is it is painful. Is this normal
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Pain after such procedure is normal but still needs examination for ruling out any complications .
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 6 hours later
What sort of complications are possible?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Minor complications suspected.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back to me
As i said. Large volume liposuctions like laser liposuctions are normal with such pains but there is always a possibility for complication even in safest procedure and ruling them out is necessary. Here are some in this large volume liposuction.
These can be divided into minor and major complications and are medical or aesthetic in nature. Because patients who have undergone large volume liposuction may have more problems with skin elasticity and redundancy at the start, a higher incidence of aesthetic contour-related problems may exist. Good preoperative patient counseling and declining to operate on poor candidates can minimize these types of complications.

Major complications following large volume liposuction tend to be rare and can be minimized by adhering to the 5 pillars of safety (ie, safe surgeon, safe anesthesiologist, safe facility, safe coworkers, properly selected patient). The incidence of pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, major infection, penetration injuries, skin or soft tissue necrosis, bleeding, pulmonary edema, hypovolemic shock, fat emboli, drug toxicity (epinephrine or lidocaine), unplanned blood transfusion, and mortality is uniformly low or absent in almost every large series of patients who have undergone large volume liposuction. Physicians who have little or no experience with large volume liposuction or those who do not adhere to the 5 pillars of safety are at significantly higher risk of a patient experiencing a major complication or death following this type of procedure.

Minor complications after large volume liposuction are not uncommon. These include minor aesthetic contour irregularities, prolonged swelling, scar tissue formation, minor wound healing problems, seromas, sensory changes and discomfort, hyperchromia, and blistering of the skin from garment irritation or ultrasonic liposuction. Fortunately, the incidence of these complications decreases significantly with experience.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Khan