What casues left sided body pain?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My Wife is getting pain from head to leg on whole left side of the body. Pain will start mostly in the night time. It will be there for 3-4 hrs. Pain will be kind of pinching one.
Sometimes it will be more in head, sometimes in hand and then sometimes in leg. Whole pain is propogating in left side of the body.
Can you please suggest some treatment or where to consult.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be vitamin B 12 deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir,
I have read your case, and it looks to me that she might be having vitamin B 12 deficiency. I want to advice you following.
1. Ger her Serum B 12 estimation and serum Calcium.
2. Get her blood sugar level and T3, T4 ,TSH level.
She might be having peripheral neuropathy or B 12 deficiency so these investigations will help in confirming our diagnosis. For headache she might need to take a psychiatric opinion. If it is migraine then she might need treatment for it. If headache episodes are more then 4 to 5 times per month then she need prophylactic treatment.
I hope these things will help her. Let me know if you want to ask any other questions.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari