What casues increaseds group B strep colonization in women?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 23 Jun 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: moderate colony count group B strep vaginal culture. I have mulitiple growths on my cervix. Origianally the first one was 7-8 months ago and was told it was a nabothian cyst. It had gone away and now I have these new ones but they feel different in texture. clear to yellow discharge and my last cyle was March 8th. Married of 10 years and had essure procedure done 2 years ago in Sept.
Do I need to be worried with having the b strep and cervical growths.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below,

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear!
You dont need to worry because;
GBS colonization is increased in women with common vaginal infections (e.g. yeast, BV, trichomoniasis) and in women with inflammatory vaginitis.
Thus, GBS colonization likely represents a marker of a disrupted vaginal ecosystem in the gynecologic patient, and not a causal factor in vaginitis.
Nabothian cysts have no problem.
As my opinion you should keep your personal hygiene .
Use much more foods rich with vit.C and if your discharge change you need to be treated for bacterial vaginosis not for GBS.
All the best for you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D