What casues heavy and long periods?
Hello. I just read through your question.
What you are describing is very common among girls in this age group. Periods can be irregular, unpredictable, and heavy, in the earliest years of menstruation. This doesn't mean it will remain so throughout life.
The problem becomes more difficult because the idea of using birth control pills in girls this age, especially those not sexually active, is something parents didn't think they would have to consider. However, though it make take some tinkering with the dosage early on, this is often the cure. Birth control pills give us the advantage of being able to control acne as well.
I've seen this approach work many times. It will certainly not interfere with her track and field activity, it can only help. As I said earlier, there may be some adjusting of the dosage. Once the right dosage is given, however, she will feel more comfortable.
Thank you for the follow up question.
There is a slight possibility of water retention. I feel this is less of a concern in someone as physically active as she is. I wouldn't worry about it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Skipped a period then heavy period
- Having heavy periods whats going on
- What is the cure for heavy periods
- What causes long heavy periods in feeding mother
- What causes extremely heavy periods
- Long heavy periods menopause
- Perimenopause long and heavy periods
- What causes long and heavy periods during perimenopause
- What causes long heavy periods and knee pain
- What is the remedy for heavy period flow