question-icon

What casues enlarged bowel with nausea and constipation?

Posted on Wed, 23 Jul 2014
Question: They have seen an area of enlargement in my husbands small intestine. He has lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks, eating makes him nauseous and he is coonstipated and takes daily stool softeners and often fleet enemas. What could cause the enlarged area?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu (42 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload the tests reports....

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

I am sorry for the situation your husband is in.

Feeling nauseous and constipated is related to the enlarged bowel problem he is having. Stool softeners and feet enemas won't help until you find out what is causing such enlargement.

One cause might be an obstacle that has caused enlargement of bowel segments at the upper part of the obstacle.

Furthermore, motility pathologies of the intestines, e.g. dystrophyic myotonia or chagas disease can also be a cause.

At this point, I'd like to have a copy of the tests reports he got for further evaluation and assistance!

Dr.Klerida
Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist