What casues body itching whe suffering from diabetes?
Yes, uncontrolled diabetes do cause itching in body. Other causes of itching include dry skin and hypothyroidism.
You must use a deep moisturising cream and use only very mild soap .
Avoid hot water showers.
Please do following tests
1) Serum creatinine and Urea
2) ALT, AST, ALkaine phosphatase, Serum bilirubin and GGT
3) Free T4 and TSH.
These are few tests to look at your liver, kidney and thyroid. Liver and kidney problems too can cause itching over body.
I noted that your blood sugar level is 325, which is pretty high.
What medicine are you taking for diabetes? You may need insulin to cotrol your diabetes tightly.
For now, you may please take an antihistamine tablet like " CETRIZINE" or LORATIDINE. It may be available over the counter. It can be taken as once daily dose. Apply deep moisturing lotion over body twice a day.
Hope this helps
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Shivering and body ache with diabetics
- Diabetes high body temperature
- Body systems affected by diabetes
- Diabetes and red blotches on body
- Sudden body overheating diabetes
- What causes itching in diabetics
- What is a diabetes
- Why body shivers in diabetes
- Diabetes and body overheating
- Diabetic whole body aches