What casues absence of urination with constipation in a child?
Suppository will be helpful
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Being a parent myself and also a Pediatric Surgeon I understand your concern and apprehension.
The commonest cause for not peeing in children are
1. Reduced intake of water
3. Genital lesion especially those which are painful
I would suggest you the following which will be helpful
1. Ensure good intake of fluids: Follow rule of 1.
1 cup of water 1 hour before every meals and 1 cup of water 1 hour after every meals. This way it will ensure adequate intake of fluids and at same time will not affect nutrition of kid.
2. Hot Seitz bath : To a tub of lukewarm water add handful of common table salt. Make the kid sit in it for 15 to 20 minutes. Majority of kids will pass urine after this.
3. Suppository: Bisacodyl Pediatric suppository inserted one rectally will help passage of both feces and urine
These will definitely help, as has helped many of my patients.
Keep me updated. Do get back for any further assistance anytime.
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constipation and no urination
- Fishy smelling urine and constipation
- What causes constant urination and constipation
- What causes weight gain with absence of mensesfatigue and constipation
- Foul smelling urine and constipation
- What is the remedy for my child suffering from constipation
- What causes frequent urination with loose stool and constipation
- Ketones blood in urine constipation
- When constipation is it hard to urinate
- Child having dry heaving constipation what is the cause