What can you interpret from an MRI report performed to find the cause for frequent headaches?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi Sir, Please find my MRI report. Actually I had problems of headache because of which I was advised to go for MRI scan. I feel like some fluid like substance under my head skin layer. I can feel it with my hands. when I touch my hairs I can move it from one place to another which helps in relieving the pain. Actually I used to have watery nose few years back and I used to do Shirshasan YOGA all the time, so I feel like that the fluid from my nose has moved to some layer of skin under my head. Is it possible???? I feel wherever the fluid moves it cause headache. or does the sinus causes headaches??? Can it be cured??? or can headache be reduced... please tell if there is any medication??? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ethmoidal sinusitis.

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The MRI report is suggestive of ethmoid sinus infection. The brain tissue is absolutely normal.

The sinus secretions can't reach under the scalp.

The nasal symptoms are due to sinus infection only.

It is treatable. If medical management doesn't seem to be helpful then surgery might be required.

You should put Fluticasone nasal spray and tablet Levocetirizine plus Phenylephrine.

You will definitely be benefited.

All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.

Any further questions are always welcome.

Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 32 minutes later
thanks... so does sinus causes headaches. I am asking because headache is in the forehead and also much above ethmoid sinus. thank you
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ethmoidal sinusitis.

Detailed Answer:

Yes, forehead headache is a characteristic feature of the ethmoid sinus infection.

You should take the medicines as suggested.

It will help to relieve symptoms.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal, ENT Specialist