Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What can i do to improve the collapsed veins in my arms?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 338 Questions
What can I do to improve the veins in my arms so technicians don't have problems with them when I donate plasma?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 32 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

This problem is mainly noticed in obese individuals since excess fat masks the veins. Collapsed veins causing difficulty for intra venous cannulation or for withdrawing blood also occurs in cases of severe dehydration or shock.

So have a good diet plan containing more proteins and less fats and exercise daily which keeps you fit. Drink enough fluids to keep yourself well hydrated.

Exercises that helps you well for this includes,

1> Push ups- this exercise works out your arms, chest, abs and back.But the outcome will be to get visible veins in your arms.

2> Triceps dips- this is the most effective one for achieving visible veins in your arms.

4> Do a barbell wrist curl over a bench- this exercise puts main focus on your forearms.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Wishing you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor