What can cause sweating and hot flashes while taking Metformin and Levothyroxine?

Question
I have been experiencing sudden sweating and the feeling of being hot. I have had a hysterectomy three years ago and I have had a partial thyroidectomy. I am not on hormones . I am taking two blood pressure med and I am on metformin. I take 150mgs of levoxothyrozine. I have primary lymphedema.
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

The levothyroxine is a hormone and could be the cause your sweating and feeling hot.

I will advise you to get a TSH and T4 level repeated now and see if the dosage can be reduced.

Can you tell me the blood pressure medicines you are taking?

Metformin and hysterectomy 3 years ago should not be the cause.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What can cause sweating and hot flashes while taking Metformin and Levothyroxine? 56 minutes later
I am taking biostolic and enforge htc

Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
HI,

The cause of your symptoms looks like levothyroxine or its interaction with any of these drugs.

I will advise you to get a review of your drugs and their dosages after the thyroid test.