What can cause pain after urinating?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Severe pain when urination ends. Happening from afternoon. Please suggest medicine for relief till tomorrow's doctor visit
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is mostly due to Cystitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Severe pain at the end of urination is mainly due to infection of bladder (Cystitis) .

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D