What can cause nausea, dizziness, dull headache and ringing in the ears?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 27 Nov 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I feel very nauseous, dizzy, dull headache, ears ringing, and like someone punched me in the stomach. Felt perfectly fine on Saturday and woke up in the middle of the night feeling nauseous and achy all over. Slept off and on yesterday, had toast, water, and tea. Had the flu shot before Christmas.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably a viral infection!

Detailed Answer:

Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed your symptoms fully. This is suggestive of a probably viral infection, not the flu, as there are no respiratory symptoms and fever. Most viral infections do not require antibiotics and treatment is symptomatic.

I recommend Tylenol for pain and aches, rest, increased fluids, fruit and vegetable intake and moderate exercise.

You should feel better in 3-5 days. If any new symptoms set in, kindly communicate them to me for further review and guidance.

I wish you full and speedy recovery!

Dr. Ivo Ditah, Internal Medicine Specialist