What can cause high fever along with sore throat and excessive sleepiness?
Fever and sore throats could be a sign of either bacterial or viral infection..viral infection is usually self-limited within three days and will require only antipyretics.
I would recommend that you take the Advil in alternation with acetaminophen or paracetamol every four hours.
If the fever continues for more than three days then it is probably caused by a bacterial infection and will require an antibiotic.
The extreme sleepiness could be a sign of dehydration which is frequently associated with fever at your age. So, make sure that you drink at least eight cups of water daily and if the extreme sleepiness continues then please seek medical care for IV fluids.
I hope you find this helpful.
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman, Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What medications cause excessive sleepiness
- Postinor causes sore throat and high fever
- High fever coughing sore throat stomach ache
- High fever with a sore throat after a dog bite
- High fever stomach ache sore throat in child
- High fever sore throat cough blood
- High fever stomach ache sore throat children
- High fever and sore throat
- High fever sore throat suggestions
- Barking cough high fever and sore throat