What can cause heart spasms?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: thank you...
I have a pace maker for synocpy. I started with it in 1992. So I am familiar with the cardiac issues that I have.
about 5 hours ago I started having what feels like a painful spasm in my heart area.
it has caused some feeling of 'over heating' with a bit of sweating.
this pain just comes and goes. Maybe about every 10-15 minutes ...only lasts seconds...then all is fine till the next one. Should I be concerned. I am not the type to get over anxious about things like this.
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry as of now

Detailed Answer:
Hello Maam

After going through the medical details provided by you i understand your concern and i would like to suggest you that taking into consideration your age group, having a pacemaker in situ, and the symptoms of sweating and feeling warm its advisable to kindly get an ECG and a Echocardiography done if this thing happens again just to make sure that it has nothing to do with the cardiac functioning.

Also i would like to suggest you to get your pacemaker programming checked once if it has not been done in the last couple of years.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana