What can cause fever, excessive sleepiness and blotchy skin in a 15 month old child?
Viral infection or due to allergy.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Did the fever start before or after the blotchy skin? Has he taken all the vaccination?
For how long is he on fever? If it is more than 24 hours? If so, he most probably is on a viral infection. He need to check with a pediatrician to see the type of the rash. The rash is very specific for different type of infection of the children in this age.
If he has not had any temperature before, and it showed up with the rash, than more probably this is due to an allergic issue. It can be the peanut, other foods or new clothes washed with specific detergents. Check if the children is wearing new clothes, for the first time. Avoid them, and consider to use creams or antihistamines allowed for these age group such as Cetirizine.
Regarding the sleepiness, this is caused by Tylenol (as you said he has been using it).
If you have other questions, please feel free to post them.
No. One single kidney will play not any role on higher risk of infection.
One single kidney will not play any role in posing your granddaughter to greater risk for infection, so do not worry regarding this. One single kidney children live totally a normal life.
Regarding the infection that we are supposing, I am happy that you have already planned to see a pediatrician. Please let the doctor know if the child has been vaccinated regularly.
It is a good sign that the temperature has reduced slightly. This shows that she has a strong organism. Try to keep her well hydrated, this is very important, and use the Tylenol not more often than recommended dosage for her age. Too much of it will make her more sleepy.
Dr. Eni, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What medications cause excessive sleepiness
- Zoloft and excessive sleepiness
- Excessive sleepiness and sweating
- Excessive sleepiness in pregnancy 6th month
- Excessive sleepiness newborn
- Causes of excessive sleepiness newborn
- What causes excessive sleepiness and breathing difficulty
- Excessive sleepiness neonate
- Suffering from excessive sleepiness problem cause and cure
- Headache vomiting fever excessive sleepiness nausea is this an emergency
- What causes disorientation while on Phenytoin?
- What causes low platelet and hemoglobin counts while treating dengue?
- What causes bleeding from scrotum?
- Are Tegaderm wound dressings breathable?
- What causes pain in the left upper thigh?
- What causes severe abdominal pain?
- How can a wound on the side of the toe be treated?
- What causes blood in mucus along with cold?
- Suggest treatment for post-nasal drip causing green phlegm in the throat
- How can a lump on the back be treated?